Westport and the Environment
Respect for nature and sound business practices are integrated to benefit the environment and the customers we serve. We are doing everything we can to keep our costs down while protecting the environment.
- Westport Linen reclaims 95% of the heat from our waste water & boiler discharge to heat incoming water.
- Westport Linen makes a significant annual investment in energy efficient equipment.
- We recycle all soiled linen bags, to keep down the waste send to our landfills.
- Many of our textiles are designed to be washed in lower water temperatures and can endure over 100 washings. This conserves energy and reduces landfill waste.
- Our fleet is transitioning over to more efficient vehicles getting substantially better miles per gallon and reducing diesel emissions.